Monday, October 6, 2008

Tag, You're It!...

Well, I have been tagged by my older sis, Stephanie. Here are some weird/quirky things you may have not known about me...

1. I cannot stand to walk on crumbs!!! If I walk on a crumb or few, I lift my foot up, pick them off and throw them away. I do everything I can to avoid this! I eat over my plate or the sink and ask my kids & husband to do the same. Along side of wiping the counters after dinner, I have to sweep the floor and wipe it at times. I call this my yoga time because as you can imagine I am bent in some weird way reaching onto the floor trying to get all those crumbs! Aside from this- I can't stand my feet to get dirty at all- sounds a little like my sister's quirk...

2. I hate to do the dishes! As long as the food is all rinsed off I stack them in one side of the sink and I do them only when they are all about to fall over onto the floor. It's pretty pathetic I will often find myself trying as hard as I can to stack in every little crack that is available to hold a dish- I could win a stacking contest!! Jared hates dishes in the sink- if he complains I tell him, "just please do the dishes then..."

3. I have to cook a hot breakfast every morning- cereal at our house is more like a bed time snack. If we eat cereal in the morning I feel like it is nothing in our tummy's to start the day, so I make all kinds of hot breakfast foods in the morning (from scratch- we don't like the box mix stuff...) And unlike my mom & my sister- I love the smell of maple syrup on my kids- It reminds me that they've had a good breakfast, but if I know we're going to go visit Aunt Stephy or Grandma Debbie- I try to have the kids eat something else on their breakfast :)

4. I love a clean garage! If you drive by my house you will see me out cleaning and sweeping it about once a week...It bothers Jared when I ask if he can take his muddy or grassy shoes off outside the garage by the lawn- he say's "Jen, that's what a garage is for!!", I reply with- "you've seen my Grandpa Glenn's garage- that's how I want my garage :)" (Gpa Glenn's garage is like a room in is house- it's walls are finished and floor is tiled- it's a sparkling white color- and is CLEAN!)
I told Jared that someday I want to finish our garage like Grandpa's! He gives me a "yeah right" look.

5. I worked at a place when I was in high school where all of the clothes were hung on their hangers neatly and all facing in the same direction- I have to do this in all of our closets at home- it's crazy because I never really realized I did this until Jared did the ironing and our closet looked kinda messy- so grateful for his help w/the ironing so it didn't matter!

I am slowly getting over my need to have everything orderly & clean. With kids I think it's important because for me my stress level rises when things are all helter skelter, but I am learning that as long as my kids are taken care of the other stuff will still be there tomorrow (it always kinda bugged me when people would say this, but it really is true :)

So, I tag my Sister's and Friends to do this through e-mail (send & tag others) or on their blog: Amber, Becca, Jolene, Kristy, Jena, Lizzy, Terri, Jordan, Leah, Crystal James, Crystal White. If you want- I think it's funny & lets everyone know that their not alone....in the quirky things that we do!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I actually did this tag last month. Look how on top of things I am! I month early? WOW! Haha. You'll have to check mine out.

KJ said...

hey! so I was reading your Tag post, and I was laughing at how you hate it when you step on crumbs in the kitchen, cuz I am exactly the same! It is one of my pet peeves. anyway, ya we should get together for a game night or something. Do you usually carve pumpkins for halloween?